Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cat Food

"Do you sell cat food?"

The local stationary store/post office reinvented itself as an off-license and this was the first time I'd visited since the transformation.

The young Asian man at the door just stared at me, so I asked again, "Do you sell cat food?"

"Yes!"  He gestured at me to follow him.  "This is to buy?"  We were almost jogging down the aisle.

"Yes."

He looked pleased and nodded, as if confirming to himself once again that customers were simple creatures.

We reached the end of the first aisle (there are only three in the store).  He paused, then turned and we jogged down the middle aisle, till he stopped and pointed at the top shelf, like a tour guide pointing out the Tower of London.  

"Here you are.  We do sell cat food!"   He ran back to his post by the door.

When I went to pay for it, the older Asian guy at the cash register smiled and said, "So, you know we sell cat food!" 

I nodded.  "So handy!"

The two guys exchanged ecstatic glances as I left with my cat food.

In case you want to buy cat food, here's the address.

No comments:

Post a Comment