Sunday, May 30, 2010

Evangelical cult class in California

I attended Wendy's cult class at her Evangelical church.  There's a cop in there who keeps mentioning his powers of protection (and God's.  He goes back and forth; sometimes I don't know if there's a difference to him).   And another woman kept grabbing my arm and looking at me like a lovelorn puppy (well, she didn't hump my leg...I mean a lovelorn boy, perhaps).  I shook her off a couple times.  She kept saying, "I'm sicky-sicky."  She was of Filipino heritage and seemed to think it cute to speak like a Thai prostitute, especially when referring to God's love for her -- like he was an especially generous (ahem) benefactor.  She also was the loudest in her derision of the Mormons, and kept repeating points which seemed to her weak, like having to work for salvation, as opposed to just saying, "I love the Lord soooo much.  He makes me want to singy singy."

(I wrote this back when I lived in Redondo.)

1 comment:

  1. Did they get you ?

    Been a while since you posted, wonder if you are in the middle of some hairy scary brainwashing process in a secret bunker.

    Fascinated too in just how many Thai Prostitutes there are in Redondo...

    ReplyDelete