Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flight to Naples


Sat in an aisle seat next to a British couple, who upon ascertaining the extra leg room due to our being in an exit row, splayed out like starfish (fat, pale starfish). 

The man kept saying, “Yawn!” after yawning.  When he wasn't doing that, he said, “La la la la.” 

The meals came and included a granola-strawberry-yogurt cup.   The woman opened it and said, “I don't mind if it's got raisins.  I don't mind that.” 

The man said, “When it's got all that pinky stuff….”

“I don't mind if it's got raisins.  That I don't mind.”  She stressed the 'that'.

“That pinky stuff….”  As he tried to think up a way to really describe how he felt about the pinky stuff, the woman said again, “I don't mind raisins.”   

She said this as if it were some code message she needed him to memorise for the safety of future generations, and was getting peeved he was too stupid to realize its import.

No comments:

Post a Comment