Thursday, May 30, 2013

Arivaderci, Sicily!

Waiting for the ferry back to Naples. This has been such a great trip, except for the sick kitten. I threw some cat food down at the cats in the Roman ruins here in Catania, but I feel so bad about the kitten. Yoko and I went back to the restaurant last night to see how she was, but the guy who'd helped us wasn't there, and I think the guy who was there thought I was a bit crazy, as I kept meowing, hoping he'd understand. He finally came with us outside, and we thought it was to go find the kitten, but then it seemed he just wanted us out of the restaurant. He kept saying, "Restaurante!" And then I'd meow and pretend I was sick and point over to the alley. And then he'd yell, "Restaurante!"  And I'd meow again.

But apart from that, everyone here in Sicily has been wonderful and the bus driver even gave me a free ride today (not like in Agrigento, which was something else entirely).

And, I highly recommend the Liberty Hotel in Catania!

No comments:

Post a Comment